Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Open Letter to Family Radio

NOTE: ***This post is intended to be satirical, so no derision or harm is intended. Please take it as such and please read its follow-up post here.***

Dear Mr. Camping, Family Radio Worldwide and followers,

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...

That is to say, I hope you'll forgive me if I don't cancel our Thanksgiving plans this year and sell our house before Oct. 21st (although if you have any ideas on how to do so in this market, I'd love to hear).

I'm sure by now someone has probably informed you that the Bible, while full of many interesting numerological possibilities, is also home to verses such as Mark 13:32. And while I'm sure its a bit of salt in the wounds to all the people who quit their jobs and jumped in RVs loaded with the canned ham let over from Y2K, I hope by now you all can see the humor in the situation.

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

But on a slightly more serious note, I would like to offer a bit of practical advice for you, your radio show, and its followers re: The Return of Jesus.

My advice is, if you really are serious about hastening the returning of Christ, I would lose the fascination with numerology and fuzzy mathematics and focus your efforts on fathering and mentoring.

Because regarding that day, God has said in Mal. 4:5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.

All it takes is a casual look at the state of families in America to realize that we need an Elijah more than ever.

Seeing as how many of you don't have jobs now, it seems to me like a much better use of your time could be teaching your children to live in this world rather than check-out or addressing the epidemic of fatherlessness that is plaguing our nation and world. In doing so, you will not only reflect the very heart and character of God, you will quite possibly heal our land in the process and hasten the Return that you so longingly await.

Godspeed,

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment